Everything you need to know before you fall pregnant (what I wish I’d known beforehand).
With the beauty and bliss that surrounds pregnancy, comes another side to the reality that we often don’t think about before the deed is done.
Once you find out you’re pregnant, there are so many decisions bearing down on you.
- Will you have a natural birth or a caesarean?
- Will you hire a midwife or a doula?
- What qualities should you look for in your gynae?
- Will you breastfeed or use formula?
- Will you explore the homebirth route?
- What about a water birth?
- How high are the risks of having a miscarriage?
- When is the right time to tell your family and friends the news?
- If it’s a boy, to snip or not to snip?
- Are you anti / pro vaccination?
- Which prenatal vitamins should you take?
- Should you change your diet now that you’re pregnant?
- Should you be exercising more or less now? And which exercises are safe?
- Who will you choose to be the guardians / godparents?
- Which books should you be reading to prepare?
- I could go on… forever!
It’s overwhelming enough dealing with the fact that you are pregnant and actually going to be a Mom… for real… now all of this!
In order to create a stress-free pregnancy for you and your baby, it’s best to be informed beforehand so you know which decisions sit in line with your personal values upfront.
Being a soon-to-be first time mama myself, I know first hand what it’s like to be chucked in the deep end. Your first trimester is emotional enough without the added weight (excuse the pun) of having to go and find all the information about all the different options available to you.
I’m currently working on a program for future first time mama’s to help them ease into pregnancy knowing what their choices are upfront, as well as documenting my own pregnancy journey from beginning to end (which will be sometime in early August 2014!) and I can’t wait to meet my precious little baby and share everything I’ve learnt with you.
If you’re interested to find out more, enter your email address below and I’ll make sure that you’re the first to know when it’s ready.